How to Fix Lag in Kingdom Hearts III - Increase FPS and Fix Stutter (config file)
If you are having Kingdom Hearts III lag issues or low FPS On Low End PCs, this guide will help fix all fps drops and performance issues.
- Configuration file location : %USERPROFILE%\Documents\KINGDOM HEARTS III\Epic Games Store\user-id\Config
- Game Engine : REDengine
What May be causing you Performance Issues
There are a few things you Should try first :
Close up other programs (especially resource intensive programs like web browsers).
Give Kingdom Hearts III High priority via task manager.
- Run Kingdom Hearts III.
- Open Task Manager [CTRL+SHIFT+ESC].
- Switch it to the More details view by clicking “More details” button in the bottom right corner.
- Switch to the “Details” tab.
- Right click “Game.exe” on the list then “Set priority” then “High”.
Kingdom Hearts III Shortcut Optimizations
create a shortcut of Kingdom Hearts III's .exe file on your desktop.
1. Right click on it and press properties and the Compatibility tab.
2. check override high DPI scaling Behavior.
3. check Disable fullscreen optimizations.
4. Finally, check Run this program as an administrator.
Update Your video card drivers
- Press Windows + R.
- Type “DxDiag” and click OK.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool finishes loading, select the Display tab.The video card’s name and manufacturer will be listed in the Device section.
- The current driver version will be listed in the Driver section.
- Visit the website of the driver manufacturer to get the most up-to-date driver.
Freezing and stuttering in Windows 10
Disable Game mode :
- Open the Settings menu by clicking the cogwheel icon in the start menu.
- Click on game settings
- Select the Gaming section of the settings menu.
- Navigate to the Game Mode section in the side bar.
- Click to toggle Game Mode on or off.
For Increasing FPS, fixing lag and stutter on all PCs
Install this custom made config file by me to fix all your performance issues such as lag, stutter, and low FPS.
What low end PCs Config file do ?
Set game graphics lower than what is available in-game.
where is the Config file for Game located ?
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\KINGDOM HEARTS III\Epic Games Store\user-id\Config
How to install ?
Download the config, copy it to config file location, replace existing files if needed, enjoy! and if you get confused just follow the video tutorial above.